Friday, October 2, 2009

A blessing

The most impressive thing I have seen or heard of in my life came from a person who has touched my life and the life of my family tremendously. I wanted to post something before now to tell the world of that person and the greatness that is within them, but unfortunately I haven't had the time.

The greatness of this person is found in the awesome things that she does for others, her selfless acts of kindness and her charity to all.....reminds me of someone else who too did such things for all of us. As I read the things that she has done and the impact she has upon lives my mind always fades to the Savior.

Once while under the distress of a horrible illness , this same woman faced a challenge that almost took her life! The diagnosis was dim and the cost for medication to high. With faith, not just any faith but that of which is possessed by those who are a step ahead of the rest of us , the kind of faith that men like Peter, James, and John possessed, to say nothing of Lehi or Nephi, and of course Joseph. Her dismal outlook of dispare held no chains over her, and like the woman in the scriptures whose disease of the blood was healed at the touch of the Saviors robe, so my dear friend was also, by her faith and that of her Loving husbands, a blessing was performed and freedom was again granted.

The reason for the praise, more than any other is that by example this person has lead a life worthy of praise and has shown me and the world what the love of God looks like. If you stare at this woman for even a glimpse the light of Christ will Peirce to your very soul.

A gift was given........A blessing for all............A life was spared, the beautiful thing about it is she has never forgot!

Thank you Ann for your inspiration! I cannot express to you how much Hope and I love and adore all that you do. We are very blessed to know you and are so thankful that you set a wonderful example of what God's love truly looks like.

1 comment:

Ann said...

okay, wow...I'm seriously bawling right now. Thank you for the kind words Jason, which I surely do not deserve. Your family are among the most incredible and inspiring people I have ever known, and I am truly grateful for the faith that YOU also had, so that my life could be spared. We love you dearly!