Thursday, November 19, 2009

lessons

Those of you that know me , know that I work for the LDS church as a maintenance mechanic taking care of the various meeting houses within my Stake borders, 10 in all. Most members in our Faith do not receive any pay for their service, just like myself when I worship on Sundays and prepare talks or others do we are all based upon the principles of lay ministry and giving freely of our time to serve in the Lord's work. In any case the work that I perform requires many different types of skills, some are plumbing, others electrical and HVAC work, sometimes I am painting or even cleaning, but whatever the day en tales one thing is always needed for me to do my job and that is my handy Palm Pilot. It contains all the serial, model, and makes of every piece of equipment used in every application in all the different buildings. It also contains all the address's telephone numbers and contact info for any one or place, so it is a very helpful tool to have, or should I say was. Tuesday night someone took it upon themselves to pay our country home a visit in the dark, there by helping themselves to some items from inside my truck, one of the missing items......a Palm Pilot!

Can you believe that! I live on a road that within a mile literally holds five other homes besides mine, and I know each family! I called the local Sheriff"s Department and they came out and filed a report, but the chances of getting my stuff back is slim to none. You know when I was younger and lived in the city , my car had gotten broken into several times and I just learned to not leave anything in it and leave it unlocked, it was cheaper for repairs. When we moved to a small town someone stole some straps from the tool box on my work trailer so I put a padlock on it and never had anymore problems. I currently live in a remote area of the country were nothing ever bad happens..........almost never LOL .

A lesson from the life of understanding is something I must be supposed to learn, or how to appreciate the fact that all things in this world are not permanent. One or the other. Either way it reminds me of the time we lived in town and someone walked right up to our back door through the snow and took my LP tank off the outside BBQ grill, I was mad at first, then I talked to my Dad and told him what happened and he said " maybe those folks that took it needed it more than you, maybe they didn't have any heat or way to cook for their family." What a Saint Dad is. I guess the person that took my stuff will find something to get from it, I wish they would have stole the scriptures off the dash, maybe they could have gotten something from that.

A lesson for me perhaps, a laugh for them, they didn't take the charger and the battery in the Palm is so old it dies after about one hour.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Jason, that's really sad. :( I'm so sorry that happened. Kind of funny that it will die on them soon, but really frustrating that they would take it. :( Hope today is better. (That's a neat thing to remember from your dad, by the way.)

RDN said...

its awful when people steal things from you. especially when you know they won't take care of them.

Matthew said...

You forgot to mention in you summary above, that you are in a cult.

I pray the LORD would open the eyes of your heart that you may believe in Jesus Christ the Lord.

http://www.carm.org/religious-movements/mormonism/are-you-mormon

Seek Him