Monday, October 20, 2008

Troubled Thoughts

This is my thought on the ever controversial question of why it is so important to belong to the religion we as humans choose to belong to , I grew up Pentecostal, as many of you know and I thought about how important it was for me to share the truths of the restored Gospel to those whom I love so deeply in my life. My family , my parents , brother and his family, I tried so hard to explain things to the best of my ability as to why I knew they were true. I shared with them in the same fashion it had been shared to me in and the result was much like that of when the young Joseph Smith tested the verse of James 1:5 and the result was " shucks boy...That kind of stuff just doesn't happen any more ...it all of the devil" . My mother once told me she was concerned with my salvation, my father said I was going down the wrong road and my Brother after sending me anti-Mormon material dictated a letter that clearly stated his withdraw from wanting to ever hear what I had to say about religion anymore.

I 've been pondering lately as to the thought on trying so hard to bring others to Christ .... and you know I don't have to try as hard as I have been. Now I'm not saying I'm giving up, but I have come to the conclusion that the relationship with people around us needs to based off the principles of Love, the same love that the Savior had for each of us. Its not our job to judge someone on there religious preferences, does not the Bible teach us that we are to love everyone? Does God look at people as categorized as we do? We select what we think is right and we feel it is our job to tell others this is it and nothing else. I know, I grew up in it! I grew up with thought that only Pentecostals would be making Heaven, the rest well, they could try but they just weren't his pick......sounds like Jews and Jehovah's Witness doesn't it? My point , If God is the almighty and we as Christians ( That includes all that proclaim the name of Christ valiantly) ,are his chosen people then were does the statistics come in on who gets what? I believe that all ( I mean ALL ) churches have truths and all have good in them, I believe that there are those that are closer to the actual truth and some , unfortunately , that are way off. However I know that there is a church that does proclaim that they are built upon the very principles set by Christ Himself and that they follow , to a tee , the very instructions that are not only outlined in the Bible but all the standard text that are available to everyone. I would love to be able to share the restored gospel to everyone , unfortunately, persecution and the foul mockery of Christians , so called Christians, and non believers alike prevent the good word of God from speaking to man at this time in the world from being heard. Satan has such a powerful grip upon so many people that they are to blind to see truth when it slaps them in the face.

When I thought of this subject it was one that brought both good and bad feelings, I know that by sharing these thoughts I can upset some readers and honestly I'm ok with that. I am not here for a popularity contest, my calling is much greater than that! In the book of 1Corinthians 15:40-41 Paul teaches the principle of three distinct levels of glory, or heavens , One of the sun, one of the moon and one of the stars. In 2Corinthians 12:2 Paul talks of a man that was caught up to the third heaven, In the Doctrine and Covenants section 76 it outline the description of the three degrees of glory and as to there purpose, So if there is more than one account of reference to degrees of glory in the Bible alone wouldn't you think that that would be good enough to testify of truth, then if you knew or even were curious to know if there something else testifying of the same thing like section 76 , wouldn't you want to know? Ask in faith the Father on knee's is it true? He would tell you yes!

A man I value the opinion of, made a stupid statement the other day during a meeting I was in attendance in. We spoke loosely of other religions for a brief couple of minutes and to the simplicity of how some people come to believe they are saved was addressed. I shared the way I was brought up and shared how people believe that when they feel as though they would like to turn there life over to Christ they can simply say a prayer , some times directed by a pastor and following along in the prayer can then be saved after asking Jesus into there hearts. He said to me that was the stupidest thing he has ever heard. Now I will tell you from experience that when I struggled through life and had made attempts at getting straighten out that was a life saver and I felt of the Spirit of God. People that believe that concept are not stupid nor does it mean that they are not saved from the fall, it simply means that they are at the beginning of a great journey one in which we as Latter-Day saints should embrace and also try to help and nurture to grow. If we stood before our Creator and said that we didn't lend a hand, an ear, or our love because those people didn't belong to our Church , then Brethren we we ourselves are guilty of a grave sin, one in which I will not be part of! The degrees of glory were outlined because he knew not everyone would follow His Holy anointed Prophets, not everyone would be open to His true teachings because they weren't ready to commit to something that requires complete change of one's self, and especially to have to face the persecution of those that condemn the very thing they claim to stand for. I will no longer pass judgment upon someone of another religion , nor will I push someone into doing something they don't want to do. Satan's plan consisted of no agency and his plan didn't allow choices . And we all chose the plan of Christ , those of us with a body ....and that's a lot of us!

I will share a testimony with you that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church of God and that I am a Latter-Day Saint , That we have a Prophet that stands at the head of His church, The Book of Mormon is the word of God , that we have a Church that consists of Prophets and Apostles in these the latter days. Most important , because without him we would not have what we have today , I know that Joseph Smith was and is a Prophet of God and is at this moment involved in the great work beyond the veil. I have been able to stand in the waters of Baptism in the Holiest place in the world and by proxy , baptize for the dead and have a confirmation of gratitude over whelm me and testify to my spirit of the import of the work . I have been blessed to be part of a blessing that healed a very sick woman, instantly ! I have felt the Spirit of God so strong that it completely consumed my every sense , and with that was struck with a sure knowledge of the God head ,of Elohim, Jehovah , and the Holy Spirit. You can always voice your opinion, but I say to you ............. I know !

No comments: