Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Doesn' t seem right .....does it?

I read the blog of my dear friend Ann tonight and as I read I felt the Spirit speaking to me about the recent adversity that she faced and how we had gone through similar struggles. I read a long and seen several parts about how they had struggled to get to church and with every step forward , Satan managed to push them three back. Funny how people call adversity a struggle, but we refer to Satan as the adversary! I think that we as people allow are selves to be pushed around just a little too much. As I read on, my friend talked about the financial struggles and then the feelings of unworthiness....Now if you know Ann and Matt at all there is no unworthiness issue there ever, those two are pillars in spiritual excellence! I think it doesn't seem right, how Satan could whispered in her ear and she listened for a minute.

A fact of the matter is that we as people don't view Jesus and Satan as tangible individuals, we don't see them as if there able to be right there. We think all too often that they are just vapors that float around or story's told in books and that neither really has any effect on the mind. Sad part is Satan is able to be right on top of us at all times, and if we don't cry out to our Savior to come help, well then we stand and listen to the devil tell us lies.I have been in situations plenty of times in my life were the thoughts I was having were not in conjunction with what the Savior would have me be thinking about and if I festered long enough in my own thinking and let Satan keep picking at me, then I started to believe the lies he was spreading.

I kept reading on down further in the blog post and Ann had took a new perspective on things , Just as she always does. She is truly a Saint in all aspects of the word. As I continued, I read that they had success and were able to make new friends and as I read further down I began to see something that I found hard to come by myself....humility! It took pushing me hard several times to get humility out of me and I didn't have nearly the faith my friends here have. As times got harder though I realized that as I called upon the name of Christ , every time He would come and save me, oh how sweet our Savior is. I know that every time I have been in a situation where I have been given opportunities to change something, God allows me to be tested if you will just a little to kinda make me earn it. I told my friend that perhaps there was something our Father in Heaven wanted her to know or learn, He always seems to teach me this way.

I try to listen to three very special hymns daily.........." I need thee every hour" " Love one another " and " Keep the commandments" With those songs in my thoughts all day, I seem to do quite well with any obstacle.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thanks Jason...it's so true. Those feelings definitely weren't from the Spirit. It is so hard not to listen sometimes! Thanks for your kind and encouraging post. Love you guys :)