Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Faith..the mighty work

I was going to post a blog about the upcoming saga based around the stressful nature of the poor heartaches my daughter has recently been facing, but I feel it is necessary to avoid that for now, at least till everything is over.

Instead I will tell of the wonderful couple of days that I have been pleased to have with my loving daughter. We went out together on Monday and were able to stop by one of the buildings that I take care of, and there kneel in the chapel and have a prayer just the two of us in God's Holy House. It is such a blessing being able to work for the church, to be able to stop in any town I am in and kneel in the chapel and have a quiet reverent prayer. Even greater when those days consist of the companionship of one of my children. Later that night the missionaries came over for family home evening and taught a wonderful lesson on faith. It was definitely a subject that needed to be discussed for the up coming week. I shared a few of my thoughts with my daughter about how she should be studying her scriptures and we spent some time this evening in prayer and scripture study. It is marvelous to be able to see a wonderfully bright and beautiful young child take in all that knowledge. It is as if her mind is a sponge waiting impatiently to be fed. I hope that the time she does get to spend with me and Hope and the rest of her family will benefit her growth in the gospel and help her draw nearer to our Father in heaven.

The faith that was talked about having was " First person faith ", a concept I have not thought much about. It is the process of having faith in yourself that all things you do , you are doing by faith in God. To say that ' I " am doing something because it is commanded of God and know, like Abraham did with Isaac that to do as thou art commanded brings great blessings of trust, love, and faith from a heavenly Father who literally adores us.

A question I have to ask myself..... Do I have the kind of faith that Abraham had? What of Job? Do I have The makings of a man that can rely soly upon the admonishing of God and trust with real intent? I sure hope so. I thought about this alot and I have found myself in a spot a time or two where I know I could exercised more faith and failed, each time the result was less than acceptable. My prayer this day is that each of us aspire to increase our faith in all things and to exercise that very principle which God hath commanded us to do.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Such great thoughts!! It is so wonderful to watch our children learning and loving what they learn. Wonderful :)