Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How can I forget.

I spoke to my dear friend via email chat last evening and after, I took a few minutes to pray, sincerely pray and ask the Lord for His grace and mercy, strength and understanding. With the words still fresh upon my lips I felt of the Spirit of the Lord, How sweet the tender mercy of a loving Heavenly Father. I realized something that I am sure I am not alone in last night, while I talked with my friend and pondered the conversation I realized that I forget to remember those spiritual experiences that have been defining moments in my relationship to God. As I got to thinking about all the time that prayers have been answered and how many times He has forgiven me in the past for my transgressions, I began to realize that once again a prayer had been answered! I sat at this computer and with a fear and doubt filled heart posted a blog of desperation as I plead for prayers....not realizing that it was not just to those that would read the blog but to a loving Heavenly Father as well. My friend chimed in to chat with me and in the course of a few minutes , I had begun to feel better,as I thought it over more today this very morning as I traveled to work I was praying and felt the Holy Spirit testifying of the love that the God-head possessed for me. I felt renewed in Christ and realized that prayers were answered. I can't help but think how wonderful and merciful He is to all of us, In Genesis 6:6 the Bible states that God looking down at what men had done it, "grieved the heart of God" and yet he loves us anyways. I got to thinking about the fact that He loves us so much that He is willing to have pain in His heart in order to have us learn, I learned that when I start forgetting what it is that He truly wishes for me to be doing, I need to stop my whole life and ask " Father what can I do to more pleasing unto you?" As my day went on today I was able to feel of the Spirit more and know with a sure knowledge that my Savior lives and He did die for my sins, and that no matter what , He has a place in His heart for me. I sometimes need to remember that His yoke is easy and light and that He can carry my burdens if I can learn to swallow my pride long enough to ask.

A dear and marvelous man passed away last evening Elder Joseph B. Worthlin, an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. He will truly be missed.....and remembered. I will say that he is very fortunate to have been blessed to be part of the greatest Churches ever to be on Earth, And I know that Elder Worthlin is with the Savior now. I am almost jealous.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/joseph-b-wirthlin-oldest-apostle-dies-age-91
God bless you all.

1 comment:

Ann said...

So true. It is so easy to forget, but His loving kindness is always there. :)