Thursday, December 25, 2008

Why do some people have to be so mean?

The last post I had, I made mention of how Christmas and Christ need to be a separate thing. Now my reasoning behind that is that sometimes I feel that all to often we forget the real reason for the season. That does not mean that I don't think there should never be any talk of Santa!

I spoke with my sister in law today about the plans for this up coming next 2 days of what we are going to do and during our discussion some how we began to talk about Santa and the commercialization of the whole season, I expressed my opinion, as I always do , and I told her that I don't like all the hype that Santa gets and not Jesus..... So she informed me that my brother and I are on the same page that he feels like I do. Well at the time I thought nothing of that comment, Until I found out later by my Mother " who supports Tom completely" that not only does he not like the hype attached to Santa, but that he told his children that there is no such thing as Santa and that the whole Christmas story about him is one big lie and that the only thing they need to be thinking about is Jesus! His kids are 6,4,2.5, 1!!!!!! Give me a break! That is probably the most idiotic thing I have ever heard, I would never tell my kids that there is no such thing or tell them its all a lie. I don't like the commercial end of things , but I was dressed up as Santa last night for dear friends of mine for the enjoyment of many wonderful children who so patiently were awaiting Santa. It is up to each of us to share with our children the true meaning of Christmas and celebrate the birth of Christ, but I can't see crushing little children's hearts like that,, Frankly it makes me sick to my stomach to no that people are so wrapped up in there own personal religious beliefs that there own selfishness allows them to justify crushing a child's imagination and dreams. How can people be so mean?

It will be a rough couple of days, I feel that we will be on are way home sooner than original planned, If the cat gets out of the bag, so to speak, about Santa at there house and my kids hear anything out of line ....its gonna be ugly!
Santa may not be real but he is in the hearts of children every where, I asked Connor this morning " Hey Connor" I said " what is Christmas about?" His response " Jesus " !
Enough said............................................

http://blacknright.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/a-mormon-mom-looks-at-jesus-vs-santa/

Check this out.

No comments: