Tuesday, December 30, 2008

winter blues

Although I've been told that people read this, it never feels as though any one is truly reading, I know that its probably because I don't have a whole lot to say these days. I seem to be caught in a rut of sorts, a sort of depression. I was listening to a talk on my way to one of the buildings I work in, and I heard the man say how everyone gets into that stage of depression every once in a while. Reviewing my own personal life I realized that I'm in one of those places. I don't know exactly when it began but I do know that its been going on for at least several weeks now. I don't feel very spiritual and I've tried increasing my scripture studies , and I realized that I had not been praying as often as I should , But even still, I don't feel that I am in tune with the Spirit the way I should be. Times between Hope and I have seemed kinda ruff lately and money always seems tight, even when there seems to be enough. I cant seem to shake the feeling of not caring much about too much , and for me that's a bad thing. I love my job and it truly is a huge blessing in my life , without it who knows what I would be doing. I enjoy being at church most of the time but get very tired of all the worrying about everyone else's problems. I think that maybe I need a break from some of the responsibilities included in my calling , but if I tell anyone that there liable to release me, thinking I'm not doing a good enough job, and I definitely don't want to be a slacker! So I'm kinda caught in a strange place , the Lords work never ends and to do it to the best of my ability is difficult , to give up is not acceptable and to go half way isn't getting results. So where do I go? I will try my best, but I need to pray that I do it with the correct frame of mind, It is to easy to get into the bluesy feelings about things. I don't want to let people down , but honestly I don't feel strong enough at this time to bare the burdens I'm already toting. Hopefully things will take a turn for the better soon, maybe someone out there will be able to give me a fresh perspective on ways to handle this funk that I'm in.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I completely understand, Jason...I've been struggling with many of those same feelings myself, lately. They can be crushing to your spirits. We love you guys so much. There is a talk I seem to turn to frequently in times like this, and you may have already heard it, but if not, here is the link:

http://lds.org/broadcast/ces/0,7341,538-1-61-1041,00.html

It has the text and at the bottom you can listen to it. It is an incredible talk to actually hear. President Eyring is the best. :)

Love you guys. :)