Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tired?...me too! Anger? ... me too! Life.......me too!

I have never been so exhausted in all my life! I have had the worst week in history for dealing with sick kids and trouble in the home. It seems as though we have had one of the those weeks when every kid in this house has had a doctors appointment and the even though we got our baby into see a doctor on Wednesday morning for his upset stomach and fever, it turned out that we were back in the emergency room on that same night because the poor kid couldn't even keep down 1 ounce of water! It was 4 am before we got to lay down to bed and 6:30 that morning to get the rest of the kids ready to go to school and get off to work just don't feel like enough sleep. Every day we have been to an appointment with one of the kids or been for our selves its been tough we were in the E.R. on Monday night with one of the other kids and didn't get home until 3am . I honestly think that so far this week I have got about 12-16 hours of sleep. I have a friend that always says to me " No rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need it " kinda an oxy moron but I feel like it fits.


I like the fact that as I looked through my favorite blogs that I read that those authors have been having similar experiences! I know that for me it feels like an exercise of will power and stamina. I often think of Nephi , son of Heleman, that was so righteous that God said that anything he commanded with his Priesthood authority would be granted. If we but exercise our faith in a manner like Nephi we too can have things changed in our lives for the better. I know that times seem hard and whether its a short temper, one that leaves us feeling a bit un-worthy of God's help, or the fact that we can't get to sleep for the other members in our households, I think it is important that we focus on how we look at the change we can make.

I sat talking to my daughter today, who once again faces another struggle, and explained my views on stumbling blocks or objects placed in our path of travel. Whether they be large or small stones , never the less they are still stones. I explained to her that as we face these stones, or challenges, that it is our outlook and attitude towards them that makes them either stumbling blocks or stepping stones. We as individuals can face all sorts of opposition in our lives and if we choose, we can step up and rise above the average and continue in our journey of life, or if we choose ,we stumble. Either we we are the authors of our own journey.

As I touched on that point today and also in this talk I feel as though it definitely fits all categories and aspects of our lives. If we turn to Christ in all things we can step up to any challenge, even bridle tempers and embrace lack of sleep. With that said I will end this blog with a small thought......Line upon line , precept upon precept, in Him, through Him, and By Him... all things are made possible.

2 comments:

It's me, Jenny! said...

I'm sorry your week has been so rough! I had no idea! But...all this shall give you strength. You will even look back in a couple of days and say...WOW! We made it thru the week...what a blessing.

I want to borrow Alex for an evening...work on some YW stuff...when can I grab her.

Ann said...

There is nothing more exhausting than a sick family. :( We will be praying for you.