Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wonderful Sabbath

Today was a great day for me and my family, we were able to sit in Sacrament meeting and hear from my daughter Alex for her very first talk! She was very nervous, but with the help of her very faithful friend , Sarah Pratt, she was able to pull it off great. I think that she did a fantastic job speaking and her delivery was magnificent. I was impressed that she was not only very clear in how she spoke but also that she took her time and did not rush through it like I have seen some of the youth do when they are nervous. So a very proud day for Dad today to see his recently (August 2008 ) baptised daughter up there giving a talk. I know that we are not to use words like pride and proud when referring to our children, well pleased is always better, but I am proud of her and I know that our Father in Heaven is as well.


I also was blessed to be able to get a visit yesterday and also enjoy the company tonight with other members, the visitation of Brother Alexander Carter and new wife Andra (formerly elder Carter from back in summer of 2006). He was by far my all time favorite missionary. I am certain that the Lord had sent him to us at that time to help us understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Carter came into our home with such a love and conviction for the gospel that it could do nothing short of emulate the true love of Christ. He brought with him a firm testimony and the real intent that all Priesthood bearers should have in there lives , that unshakable knowledge of Jesus Christ and His purpose.

My family owes a debt of gratitude to this young man, by his example and willingness to follow the admonitions of Christ and the Holy Ghost , Hope and I were able to receive of the rich blessings of the waters of baptism, confirmation, and a temple sealing and endowments, being forever entwined in matrimony with one another. We have been given the greatest gift giveable by a young man that boldly stood upon a door step of rejection and persecution, to stand firm and immovable and never be anything less than bold even in the face of adversity. I am forever in his debt for listening to that still small voice that softly directs each of us.

I was happy to see that he was married to a beautiful young lady, who has obviously stolen his heart, and as I observed their relation , both in my home and at the home of a dear friends tonight, I was able to think of how blessed this young couple was and it was because of those diligent labors that brought them were they are today. As we drove home tonight I said a silent prayer and thanked our Father in heaven for the gift of being able to call this young man my friend, and for the compassion that He, Jesus Christ has shown this young man because of his labors, I thanked our Father for sending him to us, to teach us and to guide us to achieving our eternal goals. And as my prayer came to its end I thanked Him for watching over Elder Carter and sending him such a great young woman to be his eternal soul mate.

It is beyond words to express the capacity of God's grace , mercy, and love. I do know that it is without end and it is for each of us, much like the plan He had had for Hope and I to be joined together for always, He too had a plan for the wonderful Carter couple that blessed us with there presence this past weekend.

Always His plan, always His time...................Always!

1 comment:

Ann said...

That's wonderful!! Congratulations, Alex!! I wish we could have heard it! We hope so much that everyone is feeling better now.

It's great you got to see Elder Carter again!

Love you guys!