Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Doubt

I can say that all is well and for the most part mean it... but there is always something that lies in the dark that seems to hold me back. I strive to be as good as any one can ever be and sometimes I don't quite meet the criteria. It is tough sometimes being in a position where eyes are upon you and people actually need for you to help them with stuff. I find myself in a slump tonight. I have been struggling with some issues at work for the past two weeks and I have allowed my frustration to alter my proper perspective on where my goals should lie. With all the stress of custodial battles and pleasing people I have been about stretched to my limit, but the worse thing is, I haven't relied upon my Father in Heaven like I should. I haven't prayed correctly these past few days and I certainly haven't been in the best mind frame and that for me personally can be disastrous!

With real intent, and a heart full of remorse, a plea to my God that He may forgive the sin and the transgression. I am as they say only human and with the blinders of Satan, I look at myself incorrectly. No matter the offense, the lack of work towards the Kingdom, or even the lack of duty to God, can be resolved at the foot stool of my bed. A quiet prayer a fervent heart and a prayerful plea sets me free.

For more than two weeks now I have wanted to expound upon the topic of faith, not generalized but specific aspects of faith, one point that I heard that aroused my attention. Blind faith. Believing without seeing like you know God exists but you haven't seen Him yet, that faith in all things those things that are spoke of and not spoke of. Like the fact that we are all children of our Heavenly Father, we as latter day saints believe in a premortal world whereby we lived once before with our creator before coming to Earth and having a veil drawn before our eyes, keeping us in a state of amnesia. But we know its true. Most Christians believe that there was something before this and know there is something after, but their knowledge is limited. Doesn't mean they don't have blind faith. What about relying on our Father in Heaven to help us in all things? Are we able to to believe that He will protect us in all life's storms? Even Peter, had moments where his faith faltered, when the Savior rushed across the water to the boat at sea, as He called out to them " It is I, be not afraid" , Peter said unto the Lord, " If it be thou: bid me come unto thee" and the answer, as always " Come unto me" as Peter focused upon the face of the Savior he was able to walk upon the water's surface, but when he broke that eye contact with Jesus and looked upon the dark water with the waves crashing at his feet , fear and doubt settled in and Peter began to sink. But as quick as he cried out " Lord save me" the Savior in His infinite mercy stretched forth His loving hand and lifted Peter from the dark water and with a gentle rebuke said unto Peter " Oh ye of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt" and the Savior helped Peter back into the boat and with a gentle embrace demonstrated His love, mercy, and charity as only the true and living Son of our living Father in heaven, could have.

As my struggles have been difficult and my mind not focused on Him, I am led by the heart to feel of this story and to share it with you , that we may all know of the love that is found from a Savior that never leaves us, even when we may leave Him, that in and through Him, we can be saved. It may only be from at bad week or some behavior that is in need of work, perhaps its large or small, either way , through Faith we know that Jesus is there and is waiting for us to cry out " Lord save me".

4 comments:

It's me, Jenny! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's me, Jenny! said...

Jason...

I wept. Faith begins like the size of a mustard seed...yet it grows when we cultivate. Faith can move mountians or allow us to walk on water...but first we need to begin shoveling and start walking...there must be work involved...thank you so much for sharing your testimony and the gentle reminder to never take our eyes off the Savior...it is thru His endless mercy and Atonement that we can pick ourselves up and start again...thank you, thank you...for sharing your testimony...your words strengthend me.

Ann said...

I find Peter in myself all too often. I find myself lifted up and doing so well, but then I waver for a moment and fall again. But I love Peter's story, because through him we see the atonement at work, and a loving Savior, who can change us and help us, again and again.

Pistolmom said...

Thanks for sharing your struggles and feelings.
www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com