Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baptism

Never before in my life , other than her birth could I have been more please in being part of my daughter , Alex's life. Today she entered the waters of baptism and arose from them a new person , a refreshed body of Christ following flesh! I have encouraged my children to follow the precept of the Church in which we follow, but never have I forced it . Alex , like her elder brother Garrett, live with there Mother and there life in the Gospel is somewhat difficult from time to time . Being raised with two different set of standards can be confusing to a child and what is even harder is dealing with parents that don't even get along. My beautiful Daughter took the lessons from the Missionaries all on her own, that was hard for me , being the Elders Quorum President , I was always wanting to help with the lessons but felt that it would be best if she did them on her own. I must say that I was rather impressed by her ability to retain the information she was given, and what is even better is she chose on her own to be baptized. She really pushed the issue of Baptism with her mom and even though her mother felt it wasn't necessary , Alex pushed more to get her permission, she explained that even though she was baptized at birth it didn't count because children aren't supposed to be baptized when there little because there not accountable for there wrong doings . Also there has to be proper priesthood authority to baptize. Just as John the Baptist held that authority, that Jesus Christ set out to be Baptized by him , meant that He , John held a Hugh responsibility, The Priesthood of God. I am blessed to be able to hold that Priesthood , the very same that John the Baptist held , that very same that Jesus Christ held. With that Priesthood Authority I was blessed to be able to Baptize my daughter , some day I hope that I can baptize my son Garrett, and in two more years, if they choose , I will baptize my twins. How great a day that we had in the Lord , by his strength and all authority we were able to have a wonderful experience. Thanks to all who participated , the help was great and the talks were fantastic , my wife worked so hard on her talk to sound as great as it did . She truly has aspired to make Alex's life in this family like it would be if Hope was her mother, I will say that she impresses me with her love for those children!

1 comment:

Ann said...

The baptism was so wonderful! We were privileged to be there. Hope's talk was wonderful. :) Congratulations, Alex! :)