Monday, August 18, 2008

What it is we live for .

I can't say when it was exactly when I first realized what it was that I lived for . I believe it was shortly after coming to be a member of this Church , with the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost , my senses were enticed to be more receptive to the Gospel. I have always loved the Lord, I just never realized that I was able to be loved as much as He wanted to love me ! I believe that there is a time in a persons life when they are more inclined to have an opened mind and a willing heart to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit , some sooner than others , some are raised within the walls of the LDS faith and even they have to still gain there own testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel, But mostly if willing , Our Father in Heaven will knock at our hearts door. I spent alot of time pondering upon weather this was something that my family and I should get into , any choice that we make that requires a complete life makeover is scary and with Satan's help seems impossible ! As I began to read the Scripture more regularly , and my heart became more filled with the Holy Spirit , I began to feel a change taking place within me , a feeling that I had something more important to live for than just me . See the fact is that I know most of us out there are selfish , its ok to admit it ,we wouldn't have the word in our vocabulary if there weren't people to pin it on, My point however is that I was selfish in thinking that the only persons salvation I should be focused on was my own. I did not care about my Wife's relationship with God , and honestly being raised Pentecostal , I never thought much about others relationship to God either , I can't really remember being taught to worry about others relationship with the Lord . I don't even think I was concerned with what my Kids believed , as long as it wasn't Satan worshiping ! I found though through this lifestyle that I now live ( I call it a lifestyle because its so much more that a religion , I'll expound upon that at a later date) I can be free of the past and no longer am burdened with selfishness or more importantly what my Family does believe in , Because we believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ! What do I live for ? I live for God the Father , His Son , my Savior Jesus Christ , and my companion the Holy Ghost, but I live for my Family so much , Because I'm blessed to have an Eternal Family. These things not only do I live for but also I would die for . When you can figure out What it is you would die for then you will truly begin to understand your purpose on this earth .

No comments: