Sunday, August 24, 2008

Confirmation

Today , I was blessed to be able to stand with a magnificent body of men , all holding the Priesthood of God , and lay our hands upon the head of my daughter and confirm her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and give unto her the gift of the Holy Ghost. This wonderful experience is something I am glad I was able to be a part of ! In our church we follow all the attributes of how Christ had set up His church when he was God in the flesh , so if you were to search your scriptures to find the truths of what I have been speaking of you will find that , the Apostle Paul taught that after Baptism by water , then comes the Baptism of the Holy Ghost by the laying of hands. How great it is that we are blessed to have the true church of Christ restored to us in this the latter days , and by the proper Priesthood authority we have been given the ability to perform necessary ordinances to be able to return to our Father in Heaven . I am pleased that I was given an opportunity to join the true Church of Christ, I think that some of us in this life have the opportunity pass before us but unfortunately we allow our own judgment to out weight the Spirits. Once I was told by someone close to me ,that they were concerned about my salvation, because I had joined the Mormon faith . I have thought about that statement so often and have inquired of the Lord through prayer to be instructed from the greatest teacher, and you know I can only say ....... It is unfortunate that someone with no knowledge of how our faith truly believes can make a statement that in its self limits the power of God. Think on that if you will. I believe in the truth that is witnessed by the Spirit , my mind is open to what He has to teach and my heart is receptive to the Love He shows by His warm touch when His Spirit testifies of the truth to my spirit. I love our Father in Heaven , I love my Savior Jesus Christ , and I love the Holy Ghost ...my companion. I am blessed and you can be too . I have had the hand of the almighty work in the life of my Family as well as in my own so much , I could fill this web page to its capacity with stories of how faithful works brought righteous rewards.

No comments: