Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Search for the Truth

I never in my life had thought about the Atonement of Christ as much as I have been here in the past few weeks. The word Atonement, for those of you that are not members of my Church, is the word that tells of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, that in its self made Him the Christ , the Savior of the Universe. For those of you wondering it is a Christian term and does come out of the Bible as well as the rest of the Canonical books of scripture , it is more comely used by people that read from a more traditional set of scriptures rather than those that are re-translated like so many are these days. In any case the point I make is that if we as humans were to dig deep within the scriptures and search diligently with an open heart we may be able for a small instance to begin to understand what it is that Jesus the Christ suffered so greatly for us for. Not throwing any stones to those out there that don't follow my faith , but simply being " Saved" isn't enough , and frankly I don't believe a person can say a repetitious prayer that was said the week before in Sunday service and be truly saved , such as the ones I was raised saying growing up in the Pentecostal church. I'm not trying to hurt feelings , its just I can say that I KNOW by the still small voice of the Holy Spirit that struggles I make in effort to please my Heavenly Father are fare greater recognized today than that of the feelings I had back when I followed a different faith. I believe that God does recognize those prayers of others as commitment, just as those who get baptized without proper Priesthood authority , I believe that He smiles upon those people and accepts there prayers and their honest intent for whats its worth , but I also know that there is an order to the plan of Salvation and to simply say I 've been saved and to do nothing more is really not aspiring to follow the commandments of God. He is a mercifully God and His Son Jesus is very mercifully to us all , He , Jesus , said there is only one name by which ye can come unto the Father that name is Jesus Christ. A friend of mine and I were talking on the subject of how it feels to truly know the amount of suffering that Christ had to endure, I related to the movie " The Passion of the Christ" , if you haven't seen it you should , you can get an enormous amount of understanding from watching that movie , we discussed how it wasn't really relevant to have to watch a movie like that to understand, and I feel that if you have the spiritual capacity to comprehend the scriptures enough then you can fully understand the suffering . I did some digging and reading from the different "Gospels"of the Bible and looked through the epistles of Paul and there is more underlying there than what one truly knows. Then the funny thing was that on this past Sunday a Friend of mine came up to me at Church and gave me a CD to listen to titled " The importance of the Atonement"I could go on and on for hours to get all the point across that I would like , but honestly I don't have the time . I will save more for another day.Next time you read your scripture , Take time to pray first and if you have the Spirit with you.......Who knows you might find something you never seen before.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Jason, I really enjoyed this post, and I do agree with you completely that if we really search, ponder, and pray, we will see deeper meaning and with clearer understanding than we had before. :)