Monday, January 26, 2009

salvation through prayer

I read the blog of a dear friend of mine often and never have I been more amazed or inspired as when reading hers! I can't understand sometimes why we as Latter-Day saints struggle so much with things the way we do. Perhaps it is because Satan would like nothing more than to see us fail at everything we do . I understand that as we understand the gospel more clearly we are more at risk of being tempted...at least it seams this way for me. I seem to fall short in areas where I work the hardest to perfect, maybe I set my goals to high or maybe I just don't try hard enough . Either way I can understand the struggles that people go through. With all things we stand in need of we can call upon the name of the Lord for strength...my problem seems to be I don't cry out enough. So with that thought in mind I feel as though this a good place to stop and just say, that in all things we can find strength through prayer and fasting. I think I will go and pray. May God Bless us all.

1 comment:

Ann said...

So true, Jason. It is something that I need to remember more, too. Just last night Matt and I were talking about Joseph Smith and how when we was surrounded by darkness, he "called upon God." There is nothing better we can do!!

Thanks for reading my blog! :)